Try my games.
And then get everyone to do the same.
Because you're awesome.
Want your game demade quickly for promotional purposes? I recently demade a game to DOS in 6 hours. Contact me on Twitter for more info.
I can either build for the real thing (well, OK, I'll be using an emulator for testing, and I can only do real-hardware-testing for DOS)
Platforms I can demake for:
- MS-DOS (most practical and preferred - I have a bootloader for floppy-booting, too) - This will probably be VGA as it's the most straightforward.
- Sega Mega Drive ("Genesis")
- Sega Master System
- Nintendo GameBoy (b/w or colour)
Platforms I'd struggle with, but have an inkling of experience for:
- Atari 800
- ZX Spectrum
- Commodore 64
- Atari ST
- Atari 2600
- PlayStation 1
Styles I can emulate:
- All of the above
- Nintendo Entertainment System / Famicom (to some extent)
Tools for the emulation route:
- Language: C, sometimes Lua
- Libraries: Allegro 4 OR SDL+OpenGL, sackit (.it playback), Lua (if needed)
- Sound/Music: Audacity, SchismTracker, SunVox, s3m2nsf, it2vgm.py, munch.py
- Graphics: pixra (yes, I do use my own tools!), GIMP
Platforms I target if you'd prefer the emulation route over the authentic route:
- Linux-armv6l (Raspberry Pi) - Will not be supported if I require OpenGL. Sorry, but Broadcom's APIs suck.
- You grant me the right to use your game's name, gameplay, aesthetics and whatnot for the demake.
- We will link to each others' games - I'll link to your original, you link to my demake.
- I retain the right to open-source and/or sell the demake (the former implies the latter)
- You also retain the right to sell the demake.
- Finally, due to time constraints, there is no guarantee the demake will play anything like the original.
Payment is much appreciated if you intend to sell your game.
Check out Parsnip Theory on Facebook if that's your thing: https://www.facebook.com/parsnip.theory